Setting up the decorations for M’s Sesame Street party relied HEAVILY on 3 things.
- Pinterest (duh!)
- The Cricut Sesame Street Cartridge (Like I said I totally got my money worth from this cart)
- N’s Superhero party (you heard me right, I’ll explain later. Patience)
For N’s party we had stylized posters of superheros. I thought it would be fun to do the same thing with the Sesame Street Monsters. As with other posters I have done I borrowed a computer projector and traced the image on the poster then cut paper or painted the images on the poster. My favorite poster was Oscar the Grouch.
I also made mini posters out of 12″x12″ paper. Some were used as placemats and some were used as posters. Again I used my favorite table coverings – QUILTING COTTON!!! I will end up using some of the fabric to make a quilt for M. But, I plan on using the rest of the fabric to make some NICU quilts.
We also set up the favors as part of the decorations and hung the Sesame Street sign poster above it.
My Pinspired decoration were the characters in mason jars. Each character had their favorite thing in the jar:
- Oscar – trash (balled up newspaper)
- Elmo – Goldfish
- Cookie – Small chocolate chip cookies
- Abby Gabby – Pom poms
- Big Bird – Yellow feathers
- Ernie – Small Rubber duckies
- Bert – Bird Seed (to feed the pigeons)
- Cricut – Sesame Street Cartridge
- Not Your Normal Steam – Posters
- Hostess with the Mostess – Mason jar decorations
Sesame Street Party Posts: