One of my friends invited me to a Pinterest party. Yahoooooo! Crafting with ADULTS?! Oh heck yeah!
But why take 2? Well, our first try was interrupted buy a trip to the ER for the host’s daughter. She hurt her arm just before the party started.
Of course we all went with to support mom. And let me tell ya, there was some seriously interesting people watching to be had! But that’s a story to be related over a glass of wine.
We decided on three pins to make. All three were Easter decorations.
First up was an Easter bunny canvas.
I love how different each on turned out. They were very easy to make.
1. Paint the whole canvas with silver or white shimmery paint. And let dry. You can speed up the drying with a hair dryer.
2. Cut out your bunny shape from vinyl or shelf liner. And put it on the canvas. Make sure to rub it very firmly, especially on the edges. You don’t want any paint to be able to get under it.
3. Paint the canvas in your favorite Easter color. Get creative. Try an ombré, or adding texture with a few different colors. At this point if you use a hair dryer be sure to have it on cool setting. If you have it on warm or hit it will shrink you vinyl and cause it to pull up. (Ask me how I know)
4. Once the paint it dry. Take off the vinyl.
5. Make a yarn pom pom and attach it with fabri-tac.
6. Make a garland with bakers twine and washi tape or scrapbook paper. Just fold the tape over the twine and cut to the shape you want. Drape the twine over the corner and attach on the back with some tape.
Tomorrow I’ll show you the egg canvases we made.