N’s Valentine crafts were much more last minute than I care for, but he and Mr. Steam were in Colorado. What were they doing? Riding steam trains of course. So, I didn’t have much choice.
He and I had decided that on a Lego Valentines box before he left. So while he was gone Ms M and I worked on getting supplies. Then once he got home we had everything we needed.
- 8 lids from 2 liter juice containers
- E6000 glue
- 1 shoe box
- Blue spray paint
- Exacto knife
- Any decorations desired for the box
The box is by far the easiest Valentines box we have made to date!!! Thank goodness, because we didn’t have much time.
- Wash and dry the juice lids.
- Cut your hole for the cards to go in.
- Use the E6000 glue and glue the lids to the top of the box to look like a Lego block.
- Let the glue dry. It should only take a few minutes. I let ours dry for about 15 min.
- Spray paint the box on all sides. Add a second coat if needed. We only used one coat.
- Once the paint has dried add what ever other decorations you want. N wanted Emmet from the Lego movie and a heart.
Despite the face, I am pretty sure that he likes his box.