I have never been able to find a fruit dip that I like. That is until now! I found a recipe on Pinterest for Cranberry Fruit dip and I was intrigued. But when I looked at the ingredients I knew I had to modify it. It called for marshmallow cream and canned cranberries – two things that aren’t allowed in this house. Yick.
But I still wanted to give it a try. So I made some modifications.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 c powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup spiced cranberry sauce (recipe follows)
- Beat the cream and sugar to stiff peaks in a mixer and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cranberry sauce with the cream cheese.
- Take about 1 c of the whip cream and mix into the cranberry cheese mixture to loosen it up some.
- Fold in the remaining whip cream into the cranberry mixture
Serve with fruit, pretzels, or vanilla wafers. This dip is awesome. I even had it on top of my french toast the next day.
The recipe we used for the cranberry sauce is from Serious Eats. This stuff is amazing! We have made it two more times since Thanksgiving. The only changes I made to the recipe was to cook it until almost all the berries had popped. The sauce jelled up beautifully and had a wonderful flavor.