I had some
time I was supposed to be cleaning the house free time, so I decided to get working on N’s tree skirt after all there wasn’t much left to do. Only about 1/3 of the pebbles needed to be finished and 1/2 of the wind swirls. I figured a good 2 hours and I’d be able to have it DONE!!!!
Then this happened:
This was BEYOND horrible tension. This was NO tension. And do you know when I noticed? Yep, AFTER I finished almost all the pebbling and swirls. A full hour of quilting. Which meant 2-3 hrs of frogging. Gulp. I was in near tears.
What was worse, I couldn’t get the tension correct.
Adjust the top tension. Yep.
Adjust the bobbin. Yep.
Different bobbin. Yep.
Re-thread the machine. Yep.
Finally I took apart the main tension assembly and brushed it out. I didn’t notice anything wrong. And had just about given up hope and was going to leave it be and come back another day. When…..
PERFECT! BEAUTIFUL stitches!!!!!
I am thinking that some of the glitter from the fabric got caught up in the mechanism and caused the problems. I have to say that I love how the glitter fabric is looking on the tree skirts, but I am doubting I will ever use it again. That glitter is EVERYWHERE. And when I say everywhere, in the machine. Not good! Poor Millie will need some serious spa treatment when this skirt is all done.
Well back to ripping so I can get this baby done before Christmas!
Train tree skirt links:
- Quilting the edges
- Quilting the center
- Train car details
- Assembled cars
- Design & fabric selection