The kids and I always have a bunch of fun coming up with the food names for our parties. We typically have the same thing – fruit, veggies, olives, cheese, sausage, chips – it’s just what you call it that makes it more fun.
In fact, when N and I were discussing the food selection for the party I started listing off the various appetizers. When I got to olives it went like this:
N: How will the olives be served?
Me: In a bowl, just like always.
N: No, Mom. How will they be?
Me: (very confused) They will be olives in a bowl.
N: But, Mom, the food always IS something. What will the olives be?
Me: (Finally understanding) Ahhhh! Ball and chains!
Such a proud Mom moment! Grin. So lets get to it, shall we?
- Stolen Gold – Cheese cubes
- Police Badges – Sunmer sausage
- Ball and Chains – Black olives
- Hand Cuffs – Funyuns
- Cop Corn – Pop corn
- Police Batons – grapes on a skewer
- Greenback and Dip – Celery, Green peppers, broccoli, cucumber and dip
When I ordered new water bottles for the mini-steams they came in these perfect sized boxes to use as decoration on the appetizer table. N thought that we should have a police station and a jail. He painted both boxes and I cut out the jail bars.
Police station (with special gelato spoon radar added by N)
- Truth Serum – punch
- Burglar Brew – iced tea
- Prohibition Stockpile – beer (hey, the adults have to have a beverage too ya know)
Normally the party theme only goes as far as the appetizers, drinks and desserts. But N decided that he wanted tacos. And we thought we could probably come up with a police theme for that. And, what do ya know? We did!
- Take out Tacos – um, yea tacos
- Steak-out fajitas – flank steak fajitas
- Pick-pocket de gallo – salsa
- Grand Jury Guacamole
- Slammer Sour Cream
- Shredded evidence – cheese
- Traffic Tickets – torrillas
- Sarge’s Spanish Rice
And the food and donuts were a hit with all the party guests.
And last but not least, party games!!!
Other Police Party Posts: