I am always looking not just for new recipes, but combinations of dishes that make the PERFECT meal. Its one thing to make a single delicious dish, but to find the right combination of flavors and textures so all the dishes can shine. That is what I found tonight!
My kids love green beans. They love them raw, they love them cooked, they love them dipped in ranch, they love them fried. Pretty much they will eat them in any form. But I am not a fan of cooked green beans. I love them raw. But cooked they really need to be gussied up.
- 2 lbs Green beans
- 1/3 c bread crumbs
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1 T Parmesan cheese
- 1 t Wildtree Garlic Galore (you can sub in garlic powder but only used 1/2 t)
- 2 t olive oil
- Steam the green beans until the become bright green about 5 minutes
- While the beans are cooking mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. The bread crumbs should become damp from the oil but not turn into a paste.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Spread the green beans on the tray and sprinkle the bread crumb on top.
- Put beans under a broiler set to low for a few minutes to brown the breadcrumbs.
These really turned out excellent. They had good flavor and texture and were the perfect paring with the chicken and rice.