One of the best things about making green chili is what you can with it for follow up meals. And this morning Mr. Steam and I had one of our favorites – Green Chili Smothered Skillets.
- 1 red or green sweet pepper 1/2″ dice
- 1 onion 1/2″ dice
- 1 sm tomato 1/2″ dice
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c green chili
- Cook the hash browns and diced onions, sweet pepper until almost done. Add the tomatoes. When they are done to your preference put them on a plate.
- Cook 2 eggs your preferred method. I prefer over easy, Mr. Steam prefers over hard.
- Heat up the chili
- Put the eggs on the potato mixture. Top with the cheese.
- Put the plate under the broiler for just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Top with the green chili and serve.
Tonight I am hoping to have enough time to make some green chilaquiles. Yummm!