With only 2 days until Christmas I really needed to fix that upside down bat on N’s Bat Man chef’s hat.
I was really dreading this. First I really dislike “fixing” things. I much prefer making things. Usually if I find a mistake in my work I just leave it unless it’s going to be a problem.
The upside down bat was going to be a problem. I could just see my lil’ guy not wearing the hat because it wasn’t really Bat Man.
I also was really worried how I was going to pull it off. The chef’s hat was made of duck cloth and the reason I appliqued the bat on before assembly was because it was going to be really hard to applique thru all those layers (FIVE!).
But now way around it. I had to set things right!
While I was at it I decided to add a utility belt to the bat apron. Mr. Steam wanted to me to add a real pocket or loops so N could hang a spatula from the belt. But I am REALLY not a fan of pockets or places to hang things from an apron. Spoon are usually dirty and should be left on a spoon rest. And frankly I am a HUGE klutz! If I had a spatula hanging from my apron I’d sure as heck catch it on a full bowl of something on the counter and knock it on the floor. And since N and M are MY children they were “blessed” with my grace. So no hanging tools from the apron.
So it goes to show that you should go ahead and try something. If it doesn’t turn out you can either fix it, or learn from the experience, or decide that the mistake just adds character.