FOUR years? THREE problems? ONE solution? Oh yes my friends, it’s true!
Problem 1: The project
Mom had asked me for quite a while to make her some covers for some floor pillows she had purchased. They are awesome HUGE pillows that are MEANT to go on the floor?! OH yea, AWESOME.
But these awesome pillows really deserved an equally awesome covering. And, I just couldn’t decide what I wanted to do with them.
Problem 2: The fabric
On our honeymoon, (yes I said honeymoon. yes that long ago) I found the perfect north woods fabric for my mom. It had just the right shade of green and the perfect shade of burgundy that she is so very fond of. I had the fabric forever and just couldn’t decide what the perfect project. I just couldn’t cut the fabric.
Problem 3: The patterns
I had two really 12″ patterns but I didn’t want to make a whole quilt out of them.
Use 4 of the blocks for each pillow. That would be able to showcase the blocks without having to make a TON of them. Use the north wood fabrics. There would be just enough to make 2 pillows. The pillows would be totally unique and just the right shades of green and red.