The Santa ornaments were a lot of fun to make and I am really happy with how they turned out. But I wanted something more. I wanted to make some ornaments that would be really special for my kids. I wanted them to be something that THEY really loved.
Ok, yes, I realize they are children, so of course the love Santa. But I wanted something that captured who they are right now, this year.
When I saw the Superhero Ornaments that Meg over at Happy Looks Good on You, I knew I HAD to make them. N LOVES superheroes. He dresses up as them several times a week. Some of his hardest choices are which costume he is going to wear.
Megs ornaments look awesome, and she has a great tutorial. But I decided to mix it up a little. Here are the modifications that I made:
- Glitter instead of paint. Because who doesn’t like a little bling?
- Plastic ornaments instead of glass. This way N could hang them up on the tree in his room this year without me worrying that they will break. When he plays with them. Because face it they are too cool for a 5 year old NOT to play with.
- Flattened ornaments instead of balls. I was thinking it would be easier to keep the stickers from wrinkling from trying to make a 2D image fit on a 3D surface.
- Avery labels instead of glue or a sticker maker. Avery labels are my go to solution when I want an image to stick.
- Happy Looks Good on You – Superhero Ornaments
- Sassy Scrapper – Video Tutorial with Floor Polish
- So NOT Betty! – Picture Tutorial with Glue
**** For all of you super hero buffs out there. Yes I realize that not all of the superheroes depicted are Justice League. But hey, the kid likes what he likes. I am not going to argue technicalities with him ***