Here’s how I made them:
- Clean out the glass ornament with alcohol and let dry for several hours to overnight.
- Pick out 2-3 colors of craft paint for the ornament. I usually used a color (red, green, blue), white, and a metallic color (gold, bronze or silver).
- Take the top / hanger of the ornament off
- drop 2-3 lines of paint into the ornament of each color. I dropped the paint like looking at the clock. 12 – color, 2 – white, 4 – metallic, 6 – color, 8 – white, 10 – metallic.
- Swirl the ornament around a few times.
- Turn the ornament on its side. You can use the box it came in. If it didn’t come in a box, an empty egg carton works great.
- Turn the ornament 1/4 turn every 15 min or so for about 2 hours. After that turn it about every 1/2 hr.
- Leave it dry for several days.
Ornament countdown links:
- Day 10 – Cross Stitch Pillow Ornaments
- Day 9 – Mini Quilt Block Ornaments
- Day 8 – Wooden Bird houses Ornaments
- Day 6 – Cookie Cutter Ornaments
- Day 5 – Beaded Snowflake Ornaments
- Day 4 – Painted Plaster Santas & Houses
- Day 3 – Fused Glass Ornaments
- Day 2 – Stamped Image in a Glass Ball Ornament
- Day 1 – Handprint Snowmen Ornaments