The appetizers for M’s Sesame Street Party were a lot of fun to put together.
I knew that all the kids coming to the party would mow down on fruit and veggies. So making veggie trays to look like sesame street characters was a perfect match.
- Oscar: Broccoli with black olives for the mouth and eyes
- Ernie: Baby carrots with black olives for the mouth and eyes, watermelon for the nose and black berries for hair
- Elmo: Watermelon with blueberry mouth and eyes, carrots for the nose
- Bert: Pineapple with blueberry mouth and eyes, carrots for the nose and black berry hair
The eyes were dip in small glass prep bowls. For the veggie trays I just used ranch dressing. For the fruit trays I mixed some cinnamon and sugar in to some plain Greek yogurt.
- Fur – Butter cream frosting colored according to the monster. Then I used a “grass” tip (Wilton #223) in the frosting bag.
- Eyes – White chocolate candy melts – flat side UP with a chocolate chip attached with some frosting
- Mouths – 1/2 a chocolate wafer from an Oreo. Cookie monster just got a chocolate chip cookie (Famous Amos cookies were the perfect size). I cut a slot before frosting the cookie monster cookies so the chocolate chip cookie would have somewhere to go
- Nose – Elmo’s nose was made out of circus peanuts. You know those orange foam candies that are supposed to look like peanuts. I rolled them out with a rolling pin, then used kitchen shears to cut out a nose shape.
Dinner was not themed food. Partially because I couldn’t figure out something to used for themed food, and partially because we made M’s favorites. Greek Lemon chicken on the grill(I’ll have to give you all the recipe for this, it was a HUGE hit), potato salad and baked beans. She was in heaven!
- Soul Recipes – Cookie Monster Cupcake
- A Few of My Favorite Things – Cheese tray
- Kalico Chick – Fruit & Veggie Trays
Sesame Street Party Posts: